TRS Recovery Services can harm your credit score if you’re not careful and don’t protect yourself!
TRS Recovery Services, like most debt collection companies, will go to great lengths to secure repayment on the debts that they have purchased. They may even use shady tactics or pursue debts of questionable validity.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and helpless when faced with harassment and payment demands from debt collectors like TRS Recovery Services. Fortunately, help is out there.
If you suspect that your debt is inaccurate or invalid, or you believe that your rights are being violated by the debt collector, call Lexington Law now at 1.855.255.0118!
- Handle all communication with the debt collectors. Once you hire a lawyer, debt collectors are legally obligated to direct all calls to the lawyer, not to you.
- Initiate debt validation. If you contact Lexington Law within 30 days of receiving your first debt collection notice, they can initiate debt validation. This process forces the debt collector to provide proof that the debt they are attempting to collect is valid, that the amount is accurate, and that they are qualified to collect in your state. Also, it has the added benefit of forcing the debt collectors to halt collection attempts until they provide this proof.
- Investigate the statute of limitations in your state. Debt collectors sometimes try to collect on debts that are actually expired. Lexington Law will determine if the statute of limitations in your state has already run out, in which case you do not have to pay the debt collector.
- Checking the validity of your debt. If your debt falls into any of the following categories, Lexington Law can help you prove it: previously paid in full, previously discharged in a bankruptcy, in someone else’s name, or the result of identity theft.
- Check for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Lexington Law will educate you about this act and help you log any violations, such as the debt collector calling you before 8 am or after 9 pm, calling just to harass you, or making illegal threats.
- Petitioning the credit bureaus. Often, debt collectors like TRS Recovery Services will report your unpaid debts to the credit bureaus. When this happens, you get a collection item placed on your record. Each collection item can depress your credit score by up to 100 points. If the collection items are based on invalid or inaccurate debts, Lexington Law can get them erased.
- Lexington Law has been in business since 1991, so they have the experience you need.
- They have a staff of 24 attorneys and over 200 paralegals and agents in 19 states.
- Lexington Law averages over 1 million negative credit history item removals per year. That’s a track record you can believe in!
- The average Lexington Law client sees 8 removals in the first 3 months of service.
- Lexington Law offers a free consultation and very reasonable monthly fees.
- If you think you have a case against a debt collector like TRS Recovery Services, call Lexington Law now at 1.855.255.0118!